Does it really matter where you bank?
We believe it does. Choosing to bank locally means the money you deposit at First Southwest Bank, a Community Development Financial Institution, is reinvested into your community via loans and nonprofit sponsorships.
This allows the owner of your favorite feed store, food truck, coffee shop or other small business to expand, hire local talent, and truly make your community a more special place. It also means a greater investment in local nonprofit organizations, enhancing the quality of life in our region.
We are deeply rooted in southern Colorado, having served the region for more than 100 years. Let us help you reach your financial goals and together we will make our communities more resilient, healthy and vibrant places to live.
Click through to view our 2022 Impact Report below.
We aim to preserve our community by providing loans to finance various types of home ownership. In 2022, we partnered with various developers and housing organizations, including Rural Homes LLC, Elevation Community Land Trust, and the Impact Development Fund, to provide low-cost fixed rate mortgages for teachers in Norwood and financing to help long-time Durango and Alamosa residents purchase their mobile home parks.
We strive to strengthen our community by providing financial resources to build and enhance neighborhood schools. In 2013, Animas High School established its modular trailer facilities with First Southwest Bank support.
We care about community health. In 2022, FSWB helped St. Vincent’s hospital and the town of Leadville retain their only critical care access hospital and assisted Axis Health System expand access to integrated health care via clinic expansion in Cortez.
We partner to create sustainable community outcomes by providing loans for energy efficiency and solar upgrades for homes and businesses. Since 2016, La Plata Electric Association customers have “paid as they save”with on-bill financing for energy efficiency and solar enhancements.
In 2022 we contributed $170,890 to 102 local organizations and events.
- 100+ Women Who Care La Plata
- 4CORE (Four Corners Office for Resource Efficiency)
- Adams State University Athletic Department
- Adams State University Grizzly Club
- Alamosa County Chamber of Commerce
- Alamosa High School
- Alamosa Live Music Association
- Alamosa Optimist Club
- Alamosa Police Department
- Alamosa Round-Up
- Animas City Night Bazaar
- Animas High School Building Corps
- Arby’s All Star Game
- Archuleta County Fair
- Archuleta County Sheriff’s Office
- Aztec Adventures
- Blue Star Moms of Durango
- Boys & Girls Club of La Plata County
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the San Luis Valley
- Centauri High School
- Center Consolidated School District
- Center High School
- City of Alamosa Parks & Recreation
- City of Durango
- Colorado Bankers Association
- Colorado Potato Administrative Committee
- Community Connections
- Community Foundation of the San Luis Valley
- Community Foundation Serving Southwest Colorado
- Community Treehouse
- Conejos County EMS
- Creede Repertory Theatre
- Curtains Up Pagosa
- Dancing Spirit Community Arts Center
- Del Norte Rotary Club
- Durango Adult Education Center
- Durango Arts Center
- Durango Botanic Gardens
- Durango Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- Durango Derailers
- Durango High School
- Durango Rotary Club
- Esoterra, Inc.
- Fort Lewis College
- Four States Ag Expo
- Friends of SLV National Wildlife Refuges/Monte Vista Crane Festival
- Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership
- Greater Colorado Venture Fund GP
- Green Business Roundtable
- Healthy Archuleta, Inc.
- Hillcrest Junior Golf Foundation
- Hog Waller Mud Run
- Humane Society of Pagosa Springs
- iAM Music, Inc.
- Independent Bankers of Colorado
- Kiwanis Club of Alamosa
- Kiwanis Club of Durango
- La Plata-Archuleta Cattlemen’s Association
- La Plata County Fair
- La Plata Economic Development Alliance
- La Puente
- Manassa Saddle Club
- Manna Soup Kitchen
- Montezuma County 4H/FFA
- Music in the Mountains
- Pagosa Springs Instrumental Music Society
- Pagosa Springs Rotary Club
- Pagosa Springs Sun Publishing/Newspapers in Education
- Pine River Centennial Rotary Club
- Poor Boy Car Club
- Quivira Coalition
- Renew, Inc.
- Rise Above Del Norte Football Scholarship
- Rise Above Violence
- Ruby M. Sisson Library Foundation
- Saguache County Seed
- San Juan Mountain SOLES
- San Luis Valley Early Iron Festival
- San Luis Valley Fair
- San Luis Valley Habitat for Humanity
- San Luis Valley Health Foundation
- San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition
- San Luis Valley Ski High Stampede
- Sanford High School
- Sargent Educational Foundation
- Sargent High School FFA
- SCAPE (Southwest Colorado Accelerator Program for Entrepreneurs)
- Sierra Grande School
- SLV Beat The Heat
- SOIL Sangre De Cristo
- South Fork Fire & Rescue
- Southwest La Plata Library District
- Success for Native America 2022
- Summerfest on the Rio
- True Western Roundup
- United Way of Southwest Colorado
- Ute Mountain Rodeo Roundup
- Western Heritage Event Center, Inc.
- Wolf Creek Ski Team